Saturday, January 31, 2009

Mother will be Cook of the Week!


I couldn't resist sharing this photo RIGHT AWAY of my mother with the fridge we have at the store. She's going to be cook of the week in the CCJ next week and I made her pose for me with this 60+ year old fridge that has made the rounds in our family -- it belonged to my dad's cousin, then we had it when I was young, then it was in the utility shed with the freezers for a while, then I think my brother & sister-in-law used it, then into a shed... now at Artifacts! Think of all the good eating that has come from this baby over the years!! Not to mention the good eating that has come from Mother's handiwork!
And.... we rearranged the front room after selling the big tall hutch that has been on the far right forever as display space. It now has a new home and can live as a hutch, not a display cabinet. :) Anyway -- changed up that section and the middle room some more and made plans to PAINT the first part of next week before all the new goodies came in!!
I have some photos of new furniture that I will be uploading to the web page later tonight, and I can't wait to get the new home decor things in and get photos of them. Don't forget to check out the Bridal Selection and Housewarming updates as well!

2 comments:

ladybug said...

Ted's mother has none like that or older, that she still uses every day. They won't last like that anymore.

Artifacts - Bruce, MS said...

Amazing that the old ones last forever and the new ones wear out every 5 years or so! Oh... and I wondered who ladybug was!! Now I know!! :)