Sunday, July 5, 2009

Before & After

I am so glad I took time to photograph this curio before and after its transformation. It is now at home in the new condo of a customer and blends perfectly with her Hollywood Glam taste in decorating. She loved the look of it originally, but said the brown/gold tones would not work with the black/white/silver look in her living room.

Soooooo... I suggested I could paint over the gold swirly designs with silver and have a round mirror cut for the top (which is a removable tray) and for inside the cabinet. I also knew she had been lusting after some mirrored furniture from earlier conversations!

Here are the before/after shots and I'm waiting on one of it in her condo which I will add to the customer photos page of the website soon.





I put the crystal on it to show you how beautifully reflective the piece is now. I can't wait to see how the homeowner uses it with the graphic black and white chairs she purchased for her living room.


Note: I shared this "before and after" for this cute curio in my July Newsletter last week, but thought I'd add this story to the blog in case you don't subscribe (You can do that and make sure you get future newsletters containing decorating tips, bridal and gift registry information, and monthly recipes by going to this link: Artifacts Newsletter)

2 comments:

The Andersons said...

LOVE your transformation!!! :)

Artifacts - Bruce, MS said...

Thanks, Hope! Glad you like it.